Pages

Monday 17 August 2020

The Creepy Bridge Owner.(P1)

 So, this story takes place when I was about 15 years old.At my school, I played for the basketball team and every year we would go to a camp and do volunteer work for this guy the camp was in the middle of nowwhere When we got to the camp, we immediately started to work until 6 PM.This was around May so it was already dark at 6.00.My two friends and I were sitting around the fire, trying to figure out something we can do so we weren't so bored.We heard that there was a small river down the hill from the camp and we thought we could check it out.The problem was that it was some guy's property,and the owner of the camp told us not to disturb him since the guy was...a little strange.We weren't really supposed to leave the camp, but, being 15 years old, we loved breaking the rules.

We walked about ten minutes on the camp and finally reached the river.It was bigger than we expected. And there was a large wooden bridge that crossed it.The bridge was about 20 feet long, and was big enough to let a truck go over it. My two friends and I decided to go under the bridge and check it out.As we were walking by the shoreline,we saw two headlights off in the distance moving towards the bridge, so we bolted underneath and hid.We then heard the truck roll over our heads, and to the other side.My friends and I chilled there for a while; just talking and throwing rocks in the water.It was about 6:30 at this time, and now it was pretty much pitch black.That's when we started to hear a slow rumble in the distance.The same truck has come back and this time it was moving much slower.We stayed put under the bridge,stifling our laughter.Eventually, the truck moved over the bridge. But rather than going over to the other side,the truck stopped right on top of us.

The only thing you can hear was the rushing water and the hum of the engine.Then, the door of the truck swung open, and out came a loud thump on top of the bridge.Then we heard a loud scream, saying,"I know you're out there! I'm gonna find you!"I looked at my friends and they were both shaking in fear.This must have been the crazy property owner, and he seemed pissed that we were on his land.He started screaming and saying he was gonna hurt us if he finds us.We can see that he had flashlight, and he was swinging it around looking for us.We heard loud thumps as he walked around a little bit, calling out for us and thank god he never went under the bridge.Eventually, it went silent, and it sounded as if he went back into his truck.I was too terrified to move.


To Be Continued 

No comments:

Post a Comment