Pages

Friday 17 April 2020

Creepy Neighbor



Creepy Neighbor


This happened in 2009.We would fly from our home state in California to Minnesota to visit
my father's family for the summer.I've always enjoyed it there because of the nature and
peaceful atmosphere.My father's family lived far from the nearest town and he only had
two neighbors my only friend there was a girl who lived next door. Let's call her Morgan
She's around my age and me my sister and her would always play from sunrise to sunset,
One day at around 4 p.m.

We were outside playing badminton.My sister hid the birdie too hard and it landed in the
next-door neighbor's yard.Morgan said she had more inside her house and went to get them,
I felt uncomfortable leaving it there so I told my sister I'll go get it myself.She told me not to do
it and just wait for Morgan.While my sister was fixing the net I decided to run and get it real
quick as I was about to enter the gate, my sister grabbed me from behind it, began telling me
how much of a bad idea it was.

That's when an old man came out from behind the house.He picked up the birdie and said "Is
this your's?" I said yes and asked if I could have it back,He said he had his grandchildren's old
toys upstairs and asked if we wanted to have them.Me and my sister were very young at the
time and we thought as he lived so close and he looked like a typical sweet grandfather, it's the
worst that could happen.So we agreed and entered through the back door.The first thing
I noticed was the stench it smelled of damp and rotting food.I shrugged it off at the time since
he was old maybe he lived alone.

We heard Morgan calling our names and we politely told the old man that we had to go.
Maybe we've returned tomorrow.Morgan saw us through the window and immediately asked
what we were doing there.I answered the sweet old man, and she cut me off and said that
the house was abandoned and she moved there.I thought she was just playing around with
me and told her to cut it out.She had a blank expression and that's what I knew that she was
serious.We never told anyone because we didn't want to cause any trouble but now that I'm
older, I wonder if it was some ghost or creepy old man luring kids into that house. The house
got demolished recently. Which is why I wanted to share the story

No comments:

Post a Comment